Who is she?

I see her clear,
no doubt about that.
I stare at her,
she stares at me back.

The same body,
the same face.
But this girl,
she is from a different place.

the same body,
but not the same person.
She created a doppelganger of herself
without knowing the reason.

Stronger is her persona,
she won't stay still.
But I don't recognise the girl I see,
this girl has lost all will.

The girl I raised was porcelain and perfect,
nothing did she lack.
But all I see of the girl in front of me,
is full of wear, tear and cracks.

Her smile is now crooked,
this time the tears cause the shine in her eyes.
It is clear there is nothing left of what she believed in.
She buried them under her lies

This is not the friend I made.
It is not in her I grew to believe.
I don't recognise her
and I tell her to leave.

This is not the girl I cared for,
I convince myself or at least I try.
But the girl in the mirror continues to repeat the word "help".
Who could she be? or rather who am I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama.