Now that I have been given the chance to speak,
I shall wait for the silence.
Or rather,
The silenced.
I stand her just to mouth for the mute. I ask if you’re willing to listen, not just hear what they have to say.
These winds carry the screams of those once in pain,
Their tears fall heavily upon us as rain.
It’s as though we believe God exists, but fail to see his children crying. Like Atheists we sit here, their existence denying.
And to those of us who believe in ourselves rather than this higher power. Why do we fail to see the lives being wasted every hour? Is it because they’re not like us? We are as deaf to them as we are to religion.
I could try to see things from your point of view, but even then I would blame you. Because you said you’d have helped had you known. But through their silence it was clearly shown.
Now I see you trying to hide,
Just like they hid their sufferings – “I’m okay” they lied.
The problem is we have strived to be perfect for so long. But there will always be a cry behind every song.
Because the biggest flaw is trying to be flawless
And I must confess,
I cry.
I cry because there is strength in it.
I cry seeking attention when I throw a fit.
Because just maybe then you’d listen,
To the reason I speak, the cause I fight for within.
Maybe then you’d decipher the language my body speaks without my permission.
Maybe then you’d see how living is just another mission.
For them that is. For you? You may have just achieved insight! And I hope you see why this in me a passion it ignites. Because they could be So Much More, just listen to what they say behind those closed doors.
Listen to those whispers you mistook to annoying murmurs. Trace the lines on their arm- those painful alien scriptures oh harm. Then trace that path of their tears, see their art. Which leads to better the hardest part- the heart.
This secret holding confines with maximum security, the irony being it’s the storehouse of their insecurity. Here I beg you not to walk in like a wrecking ball because there is no more ground to stop their fall.
Now I have no instructions, to save or to cause destruction. That glory or blame is on you my friend.
I leave what I have said for you to think over, seeing that my time of silence has come to an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama.